There's no quality without sustainability!
On 16 September 1987, the Montreal Protocol on Substances that Deplete the Ozone Layer was signed. In homage to this act, the International Day for the Preservation of the Ozone Layer has been celebrated on 16 September ever since.
At Groël we are committed to a management model based on a sustainable economy, Zero. We use recycled and 100% recyclable materials, being totally respectful with the environment and contributing to curb climate change by reducing atmospheric pollution.
The ozone layer absorbs ultraviolet (UV) radiation from the sun, especially harmful UVB rays. Exposure to UVB radiation is linked to an increased risk of skin cancer and cataracts, as well as damage to marine flora and ecosystems. Thanks to this collective global effort, the ozone layer is recovering and is expected to be fully restored by the middle of this century.
We are proud to be able to contribute every day to this recovery of the ozone layer through our Zero management. The finishes of our handles, in addition to using a totally environmentally friendly process with Zero environmental impact, give us a long service life thanks to their amazing resistance. The Powercoat finish, for example, guarantees a lifetime protection of our product by using a hypoallergenic technical process that coats the surface with titanium ionised gas plasma.
As mentioned above, Groël uses 100% recycled material for our packaging. But we also decided to opt for responsible packaging, which is why we eliminated polystyrene as a material to protect the products. This material causes serious damage to marine ecosystems, pollutes the water and is very difficult to recycle.
We achieve the highest design standards to enhance the beauty of our products by following the strictest sustainability standards because we believe in caring for our planet. That is why we recommend a series of changes in our personal habits in order to protect our health and that of the ecosystems, such as:
- Opt out of the consumption of harmful products for both personal and household use.
- Protect yourself from the sun, either with sunscreen or sunglasses with UV protection. This will help prevent diseases such as skin cancer or vision problems.
- Always check that household appliances such as the fridge or air conditioning are working properly. It is in them where misuse can lead to an increase in refrigerant emissions into our atmosphere.
- Opt for public and sustainable transport. This not only helps to preserve the ozone layer, but also contributes to slowing down climate change by reducing air pollution.
- Get involved. Awareness is the first step towards change. Knowing the importance of keeping our planet healthy will allow us to protect it in the best possible way.